Sunday, April 19, 2015

tulips! and a car quilt

This weekend has been so beautiful!!  So warm, sunny, Springy.  And my tulips bloomed this week!  They had started to be buds and then it snowed at the beginning of April so I was worried, but they're here!  I just love tulips.

So Friday I had to take a mental health day from work.  Anxiety, headache, nausea and emotion.  So I took a 1/2 day and felt so much better.  I went out to the craft house and did some therapy sewing.  Rocky snoozed in the sun in the grass.  It was exactly what I needed to do.
I know I mentioned that I was in a car accident at the beginning of February and the insurance totaled my car.  So, I chose to turn in my car and find something "new".  I know I go on about how different things are now by myself since Scott died.  But, seriously!  Things are overwhelming.  I am learning to do things by myself for the first time.  Scott took care of so many things before!  Like buying a car.    He did everything and I just signed.  

Two weeks ago I bought a new to me car - by myself!  Yikes.  The insurance company picked up my old car this week so it became like a real thing.  I crack myself up!  Here I had this new car and was treating it like a stranger.  I thought, "I need to make this mine." So I made a quilt for the back seat :) *grin*!

Right?  Oh yeah.  I picked out all my very favorite fabrics right now and cut 12.5" squares, sewed them all together.  I found a floral backing fabric in my stash that was just big enough.  I had pieces of batting leftover from other quilts that I frankensteined together.  And, I pieced together leftover pieces of binding!  I've been wanting to try that for a long time so was pleased to be able to.
I like to stipple a heart in a corner of my quilts.  Because it makes me happy.

It's super bright out today so some of the colors got a little washed out.  I just have it draped for now and will be adding fasteners to the top that will go around the two head rests to secure it.

Now it feels like "me".  And it's washable so I won't worry about Rocky's little short hairs getting all over.  I mean, they probably still will, but better.

p.s. I did make some sock progress this week!  I made a conscious effort to knit more, at home and on breaks at the office.  Maybe by next weekend I'll be to the heels!  Maybe I'll put a progress marker in so I can tell?  yes!



No comments: