Sunday, October 26, 2014

and then I stitched some more

This weekend I was scheduled to work on Saturday, which meant that I could take a 1/2 day one of the other days of the work week.  When given the choice, I usually will pick Friday afternoon so I can pretend that I'm getting a full weekend.  So Friday I came home and got to watch the newest podcast from DancingGeek, aka James.  His podcasts are quite lengthy so I usually will watch a bit here or there as I can.  Friday I got to watch the whole thing!  It was really a funny episode.  I had to get a picture of George, who has to be right in the middle of everything.  In fact, right now as I type she is laying across my right arm.  For typing this is fine but if I need to use the mouse she'll be disturbed.


So I finished the first sock of this set.  The yarn colorway is called Dumbledore and I used the stitch pattern Hermione's everyday socks with a fish lips kiss heel.  I've realized that even though I'm following the FLK pattern measurements, my socks are still turning out 1/2 inch too long.  So, I'm going to deviate from the pattern and see what happens.



I haven't cast on sock #2 yet.  I wanted to finish up another project I've had in the works which was this little cross stitch pattern!  It turned out so cute!  
I used embroidery thread that I already had in my stash so the colors are different from the pattern but I like how they turned out together.  The only thing I'd do differently is the turkey body - I'd do a lighter brown.  As it is he's too dark and so I had to give him green eyes because you couldn't see the black eyes against the dark brown body.  I haven't decided if I'm going to frame it or make it into some sort of patchworky goodness.

In other news I'm back to not sleeping through the night!  Uggg. ggg. gggg. aaand faceplant.   I had about a month or so of completely sleeping through the night.  Every morning I'd wake up and be like yes! I slept through the night.  I was starting to feel like maybe I was back to 'normal'.  Ha!  I think it's a combination of work stress and just normal grief not sleepingness.  But dang it felt so good to sleep.  Also I need to get serious about going back to the gym.  I know I say it every single day and then don't do it but for reals now I need to.  I've gained 40lbs since Scott died.  I'm not exaggerating.  I wish I was!  I weigh in every Monday - somehow I always hope I've lost something even though I do the same exact thing, which does not include salads or any form of exercise.

So, I've done pretty well with the spending freeze for craft items and I think I can add a new item to my "disciplines" which would be going to the Y at least 2 times this week.  I know that sounds like nothing but I need to make a realistic goal and I think I can accomplish that.  Will revisit next week.

No comments: