Tuesday, September 16, 2014

seaside fiber loot

Okay, so before checking out of our hotel, I took advantage of the white bedspread and abundance of natural light to take pictures of my fun purchases!  LOL my Mom was like, what are you doing??? 

First up is the yarn I got at the Sheep and Fiber Festival in Boonville.  The picture seriously doesn't do this justice!  It is gorgeous and has sparkle in it!  It is Greenwood Fiberworks  75% superwash merino wool 20% nylon 5% stellina in the Arcade colorway.  I didn't see that color listed on the etsy shop so maybe she's out of stock?  The lady at the booth was super friendly and said she travels to different fiber festivals, she will be at the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival at the end of this month and then in Medford for a trunk show.  Anyhow, it was hard to choose because all of the yarn was beautiful and feels very nice.
These are the skeins I bought in Mendocino.  They are Berocco Ultra Alpaca, the top one is the Lunar Mix and the bottom is Cerulean Mix.  I have a project in mind for the gray but I couldn't leave the blue behind, I HAD to have it!  LOL you know how that goes.
Of course, there was a trip to the fabric store!  Actually that was almost the first thing we did when we got to Ft Bragg.  Surprised?  I found some really pretty and fun prints!  The bottom gnome print I had bought the last time we were there but was afraid to cut into my fabric piece.  So, I bought 1/2 yard of it and the other bigger pieces are also 1/2 yard so that I won't run into that fear again!  I did grab a few fat quarters as well.

After breakfast on Monday we had a few hours before we needed to hit the road so we both wanted more beach time :)  It was so nice and relaxing!  We had "happened" upon this beach on Friday I think after visiting Mendocino.  I saw a road and just decided to drive down it and we came up on this spot called Caspar Cove I think it's called.  It was easy access, parking and then not far to walk to the beach.  This was our view from our chairs:

 So while we were there I kept hearing this honking sound, I knew it was a bird and my mind was telling me goose but it didn't fit the scene so I thought I was wrong, but no!  There was this one goose walking around the beach and then a dog chased it into the water!  It was so funny, like maybe it had taken a detour in our beautiful little cove.

No comments: