Saturday, September 6, 2014

fair entry

I just got home from the fair where I entered my neon socks.  I got an honorable mention!  I'm pretty excited about that especially since I pretty much entered on a whim and just for fun.  Next year if I enter anything I'm going to think of a way to display what I've made better.  I had run out of time before I needed to drop these off to make any kind of sock form.  The volunteers at the fair did all the set up and displaying in the building and I think they did a good job.
 You can see in this picture my socks are hanging on the bottom of the stool.  I don't think everything in the area was the same section of entry types.  But, I think my "competition" were the hats?  I'm not sure since there wasn't a specific category for socks.  There were a lot of cool knit and crochet items.  Also some cross stitch and quilts hanging.  I can tell that my style of quilting is different from anything that was there.  Also it didn't look like any of those quilts had been washed yet so I need to keep that in mind in case I wanted to try a quilt next year.

No comments: