Sunday, April 13, 2014

goals and stuff

This past week has been a bit of a crapshoot.  Like technically it was fine.  Emotionally not so much.  Sleep was not my friend this week so you know how emotions are like so much more out of control when you're tired.  But! I survived.

So last weekend at the coast I journalled a ton, it felt really good.  I hadn't been writing for awhile because I was starting to feel like a broken record.  I miss him so much, why is he gone, blah blah blah.  *grin* so I hadn't been writing, then last weekend I took the opportunity to make a bunch of goals.  All good stuff.   Today I made a little frame goal board for my table, which is where my computer is until I get a desk and organize the spare room.  It works for now.  So, I wrote down some easy to manage, short term goals.  I have to tell you that the pencil holder is so old!  I made it in ceramics class in college (perspective 18 years ago!)  As you can see, I'm not great at ceramics.  LOL I found it in Scott's stuff when we were going through the man cave.  He had also held onto a little bowl and it had coins and little like pocket items in it.
 And, dun dun dun!  I put books in my bookcase.  These books were all in two different book shelves in the spare room.  So, now I have two partly empty shelves in there that I need to reorganize.  The only thing is that to me now the room feels cluttered with the added visual noise in the room.  I'm sure I'll get used to it though.
In other news I'm not great at fair isle knitting!  Remember last week I showed you the picture of the yarn I had gotten to make a little fox?  Well, I finished the head this week - was so excited!  But, I also don't know how to carry two colors of yarn while knitting and I had pulled the yarn strands too tight so the nose wouldn't open.  Bah!  So I ripped it back to the beginning of the new color addition, and I'll give it another go!  I've watched a youtube tute so I think I'm set.  One of my short term goals is to knit every day so I'll just keep trying till I get it.

Oh!  Spring has (hopefully) sprung!  It's been warm and sunny all week.  Not even frost on my windshield!  I think it's supposed to be possible rain this week.  So today I mowed the front and back yards.  You know what's the best?  Shellac.  I got my nails done yesterday and today I was pretty hard on them, with regular polish I would already have chipped them all up.  But the shellac looks exactly the same. Love.it.

No comments: