Sunday, March 17, 2013

of quilts and bunnies

Okay, I forgot that I didn't ever show you the table topper that I finished up last weekend!  100_3308[1]
I don't c ompletely love it but, eh!  I gave it to Kristin last night she likes it so that's all that matters!  I think it's because there's too many patterns?  Not enough solidness?  IDK.

I finished this little bunny yesterday. He turned out super cute!  I used the body of the fuzzy lamb pattern except I worked it in the round and then the head from the Mother Bunny pattern and then I just made the ears like the mother bunny pattern except with one strand of yarn and then extra long.  I sewed in some felt on the under side to keep the ears from curling in on themselves.  I also did the little spot on the ear. 

100_3313[1] Aaaaand, I know I said I wasn't going to start another quilt, but I caved!  100_3314[1]
I'm totally digging it!  So, I saw this quilt and I really liked the way the backround was muted but all different prints and that the plus signs really pop.  But, I'm not a big fan of the plus sign quilts so I really hemmed and hawed when I was drawing up my pattern.  THEN!  I remembered a quilt from the Winter 2012 issue of Quilty that had a churn dash with all muted creams and gray and beige and I thought I could mesh the two ideas!  I've been wanting to do some churn dash blocks for awhile but just haven't had the right inspiration.  So the pattern in the magazine was for 5" blocks and I have quite an aversion to the little blocks so instead I'm doing mine 10.25" which works up faster and not as fussy.

No comments: