Sunday, March 10, 2013

jam

So last weekend when I went to the store I noticed that strawberries were on sale and I bought a basket of them and enjoyed them. And then the wheels started turning in my head and I realized that I have rhubarb in the freezer! You guessed it, I decided I needed to make some strawberry rhubarb jam. It's funny because I usually associated canning things with summer/early fall and never think to can things at other times in the year. 100_3306[1] Usually my jam has turned out really runny so it's more like a syrup with chunks in it. Still delicious but not great on a peanut butter sandwich! This time I used a little more pectin (like 1/2 tbsp more) and cooked it for longer. I think it set up better this time. I still had the froth as per usual. It's super chunky and I think it's going to be delicious! In the craft house I am working on a table topper in the trip around the world pattern. I just finished the piecing and will work on quilting it a bit today maybe. I am also knitting up a new rabbit.  Maybe, maybe after this knitting project I might try my hand at socks.  I'm still pretty intimidated by socks but feel that I should give them a go!

I have to say that I haven't been reading as much as I was hoping I would. But. I have been listening to books on cd while in the craft house so I'm counting those books as reads on my list. I just finished listening to Eragon by Christopher Paolini and am now on the second book in that series called Eldest. I had read all of the books in the series before as they came out but it's nice to hear them. There are parts that I had forgotten.

No comments: