Saturday, March 2, 2013

knitting retreat

I don't know if anyone else does this but after a conversation with someone I will sometimes mull over the conversation forever.  Like why didn't I say this or that or why didn't I just shut my mouth?  A lot of time shutting my mouth is the best idea :)  Anyhow, last weekend was the knitting retreat, which was awesome! but there is one leeetle question I was asked that I wish I could have a do-over on.  It was put to me like this "You're religious, right?  What do you think?"  And I said yes, blah, blah, blah......and it continued.  BUT!  what I wish I had said was "no I don't consider myself 'religious', I have a relationship with God."  Because, really, for me, that is a much more truthful answer.  It's not perfect and I don't have everything figured out but isn't that what relationships are?  And really I consider "religion" as having a lot of rules and possibly rituals and I don't have that.  So, I guess that's my do-over.  Ha.

Okay, so the knitting retreat.  Awesome!  I've been to the same campground for the scrapbooking retreats that I've gone to like twice a year for the past 6 or so years.  But as a knitting retreat it like morphed into something altogether different and COZY and intimate almost and quiet and kindred.  There were only 8 of us and the couches that don't usually get any use were pulled in around the wood stove.  It was possibly a little too warm even with short sleeves, but eh.  It was snowing and tons of snow on the ground.  There were a couple of ladies crocheting.  Two ladies just brought up magazines and their company.  The other 4 of us knitted.  I've longed for awhile now to watch other people knit and this really fulfilled that longing.  You see, I learned from a book and not really anyone I know knits.  So it was really nice to watch the way they held their hands, the needles, the yarn and just the technique. 

One of the ladies brought up some board games and we played Taboo on Saturday night, which was really fun!  I hadn't played it before so it was fun to learn and get to know the ladies a little bit more in a fun way.  I love playing board games!  So, I am almost finished with the dinosaur I started knitting there, I just have the legs and then it's done and I'll show some pics. 

This morning was ballet and it was my 4th class.  It really is such a great weight loss motivation!  I think I am going to try and go more often, even without Charese.  I think I'll catch on a little bit more that way.  I also found a book at the library, so look out!  I really think you can learn almost anything from a book!

No comments: