Monday, February 6, 2012

recovery

There are times in life that you come across something that just stops you dead in your tracks and it's like your heart stops and the air gets sucked right out of you.  Reading this post, this one, and this one  from Beth Moore was the beginning of several of those moments.  Her sister, Gay, is a recovering alcoholic by the grace of God and she is guest writing a series on Beth's blog.  Holy cow.  Without calling anyone out, I have been very, very close with alcoholics.  There is no way to describe what it's like to watch the chaos.  I thank God so often that these people in my life are sober, recovered and healthy.  I pray that they continue to be and that God will heal them fully.
I just felt like I needed to share that link so that if you felt inclined you might read it.  You just never know who is reading, even though I don't think many people do read my little blog.  Maybe someone needs to know that they can beat alcoholism, that there is hope!!  Maybe, someone needs to know that there is hope for a loved one!  God can do anything, he can heal anyone.  And, really alcohol is just one thing, and He's not limited to that.  Whatever it is, God is bigger.

No comments: