Saturday, February 25, 2012

grannies and a recipe

And so, here's my twenty squares so far. I'm going to make more so I have rows that are 5 across and 6 long. I keep rearranging them, so they are different now than in this picture even. I like the way they are turning out, though! I've tried to stick with bolder colors with distinct variations between the center and outer squares.
granny squares
Oh, and do you like my fancy new "design wall"? So last weekend at scrapbooking Connie and I were talking, she is also a quilter, and she mentioned her design wall. And, dang those green horns of jealousy came right on out! So I asked her how she made it because I wanted one, too. She said all it is is a vinyl tablecloth, the kind that have the flannel backing and she just pinned it up and the squares stick right on it! There you go, a design wall on the cheap! It works really well and best part is that it's up off the floor! No more getting mad at George or the dogs for messing things up!
Today I have a little potluck get together thing to go to. I decided to make chili cheese roll-ups, and here's the recipe:
Chili Cheese Roll-ups:
1 package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can of diced green chilis, drained
1 can chopped olives
1 bunch green onions, chopped
3 tortillas, I like the jalepeno cheddar kind but any will do

today I did everything in the food processor which mixed everything very nicely and shredded the cheese at the same time, v. convenient :) Basically you mix together your cheeses and then mix everything else in, I didn't use the whole can of olives because there is a ton in one little can!
After everything is mixed up nicely, spread evenly on a tortilla and roll it up, then slice into little wheels. The very end pieces don't turn out well, they usually are my sampler pieces :)
100_2973[1]
They aren't super pretty but they are delicious!

No comments: