Saturday, January 7, 2012

bebe hats

First finished knitting project of 2012!  My friend Kristin is pregnant with baby #2, she is not finding out the sex of the baby.  Which is driving me crazy btw, hi Kristin - that's for you!  Hee, hee, she already knows.  But, while that is all fine and fun and all, it's hard to figure out what to get her.  Luckily she asked me for something, which I could accomodate.  She asked for a brown baby hat.  I thought it would be super cute to add ears :)  and then I thought I'd make her a little flower to add on if it turns out to be a girl.  Okay, so hat #1 turned out well but the yarn is not very soft. 
knitted baby hat
So I bought a skein of organic cotton that is super soft. 
knitted baby hatThen both of them looked so big I thought maybe they wouldn't fit a newborn head???  What do I know about babies - nuthin.  And then this morning I was feeling a little lazy, like didn't want to get out of pj's yet lazy so I made another with a pink organic cotton that I had in my stash.  It's a way thinner yarn but on the same size 10.5" double pointed needle so it's a little "holey".  I have to say that this is the first time using bamboo needles and at first I didn't like them at all.  but, after the first hat it's like they started getting slicker, if that makes any sense and so I think they will turn out to be nice.
knitted baby hat
and so, she's getting 3 hats! LOL, it's like the 3 bears.
knitted baby hats
I just hope at least one of them will fit a brand new baby!

No comments: