Saturday, October 8, 2011

new dolls dress and sweater

So, this morning I accomplished two things.  One is this little dress for the new doll.  It took a little bit of sewing and resewing to get it right, like couture for dolls!  The proportions on this doll are tricky, but I got it right and will know what to do next time for a pattern.  I'm thinking I might add a little belt? 
new doll
Here's the sweater I was working on. I think it turned out really well.  I found the pattern on Ravelry, here's the link.  This doll is quite a bit bigger than a Blythe, or my other dolls which I usually use a Blythe pattern for so I did a few modifications.  I added a few rows, used bigger needles and a larger gauge yarn than the pattern called for.  I notice now in the picture and looking at the pattern picture that I didn't do the garter stitch all along the edge.  Whoops.  I took off the necklace that came with her and made her a new one.  It doesn't quite cover the icky glue spot but is an improvement I think.
Other than dolls stuff I haven't done much.  I might do some regular sewing.  Or read?  Who even knows.


No comments: