Saturday, May 28, 2011

lazy Saturday sewing

I finished the top of the lodge quilt today, yessss!  Oh man, I thought I might have wanted to throw it out the window the last couple of weekends!  I don't think I ever want to mess around with 18.5 inch blocks again.  nuh-uh. Unless I have a 18.5 square template thing like my 12.5 one.  Anyways.....some of the squares were just a smidge too small in some spots so I ended up sewing on extra pieces of fabric, because I did NOT want to cut them all smaller.  Sorry the pic is kind of blurry, but you get the idea. 
lodge quilt frontplaying with backroundsNow I'm thinking about what I'm going to do for the back, here's a pic of my brainstorming.  I might not go with the brown plaid flannel after all, not sure.  Originally, like years and years ago, I had bought that fabric to make the hubs a shirt because he's super tall and it's hard to find things to fit his long arms.  But, obviously since the fabric is still in my stash I have not gotten around to it.  I'm thinking I might do some giant flying geese in the middle where the blue is and maybe just do red on either side because I have lots of that red fabric.  Hmmm.

Yesterday Jan and I went to an estate sale, and came away with nada!  There was a lot of nice glassware but everything was kind of overpriced.  We trolled around to a find a couple of yard sales that were advertised on craigslist and the paper, but I think the weather must have gotten to them because no such sales could be found.  We did check out a new antique store, it was quite nice inside.  Jan found a couple of cute and good deals at this other place that is like on of those places people have booths selling stuff.  She's redoing her guest room in shabby chic.

In other news, I finished a book (in a day) last Sunday called The Judgement, by Beverly Lewis.  It is the second book in a series called the Rose Trilogy and it's her newest series.  I wasn't as impressed with the first book, but this one had more heart.  I really liked it and look forward to reading the last one when it comes out in September.  It was an easy read, and the characters seemed more personable this book.  I think I might know how things are going to end up, and frankly I'd be happy if it did :)

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

Love the Jar cozy and wow have you been a quilting machine! Way to go!!