Wednesday, June 30, 2010

book reflections

I started to read a new book, A Thousand Tomorrows, by Karen Kingsbury last night. I have to say, I haven't even gotten to the 4th chapter and already I have wanted to cry at least twice. Oh man. But, it's really good so I am going to keep reading even though I usually don't like to cry. I finished the book for book club and have wanted to start something new. When my Mom came up last weekend she had two Karen Kingsbury books for me and the covers had such a nice look to them that I just knew I had to start them right away.

So, we had the last session of our bible study "When Godly People Do Ungodly Things" by Beth Moore on Monday night. I have to admit I'm still digesting it all. This is literally the first study that I absolutely MADE myself finish every day of homework - until I got to the very end and I only got to day 4. Sometimes I feel like I can see what God is doing in my life and it's too much for me to handle, and I turn away. I see Him reaching out, trying to help heal me - and I turn away. Why do I turn away??? Shoot, I don't know! What I do know is that I am so thankful that He keeps trying. And that He loves me even though it's hard for me to accept it :)

No comments: