Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thrifty finds


Friday since I don't work I usually troll around and see what I can find at the thrift stores. This past Friday I also went in to the Keepers Corner which is one of those places where people pay to have booths and sell a menagerie of stuff. I bought these two button jars for like $3 for total. The multicolored one has some really great shaped buttons! I love to look through buttons and they are sometimes just the perfect embellishment!
I have been looking and looking at the yellow cake stand for-like-ever! What finally made me buy is that I saw one almost identical at the KC for $75 - this one was only $2.75. Now I just need to find a perfect cloche or make a really yummy cake! I've also been collecting button kits that you can make your own covered buttons. I have also been collecting cute old books, for cardmaking and whatnot.
Okay, to explain the gaudy trim.....I can't really! I found it at the Goodwill "as is" store - and thought "what the who!" It might come in handy around fall when I'm making somthing and need a little something.....and it was super cheap! I bought the foam wreath for .25 cents at the Hospice thrift and have already covered it in felt.....I'll share the project once complete!
So, this barn shaped thing.....I have big, big plans for it! I have been alllll over town looking for a house shaped shadow box. Nada. And I walked into Goodwill today and this was in the cart to be put out - for $4.99. Frankly I feel that's a little steep but did not want to pass it up either since there is a lack of this type thing around these parts. Now to find the perfect color of spray paint. I'm not sure it will end up like this, but it is an inpiration. Is it not seriously so pretty??? So anyways there will be much renovation but hopefully mine will be pretty too in the end :)

No comments: