Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mish-mash of thoughts

So, just so you all know, it snowed ALL day yesterday........all day. But, that didn't stop me from going to the bead store at lunch or Joann's after work. Oh no. I LOVE my charm bracelet that I fanagled on Sunday...and must make more! I showed it to Jan and she was like "when are you making me one?" So, really I have to make another one, and she wanted a red one. I know, I know - no pics! I left my camera in the truck and even though I walk by it twice a day I never remember to stop and open it up and grab my camera. Maybe tonight will be the night?

I'm not going to get into my views or beliefs about the election results. I know that some people are excited and some people are upset and what I think doesn't really matter now. I voted and did my part so now what I'm doing is praying. I've been praying for safety for the president-elect and his family. I'm praying for unity for our country. I think it's important to intercede for others, and this prayer from the LPM blog says it perfectly!
In other news, I miss my friends that I talked to everyday, emailed everyday, looked at their sweet faces everyday! I feel like I have been sent to Siberia. Literally. I'm thankful to have a job to go to, but it's rough not knowing these people. And knowing that they don't know me, and don't really fully appreciate my quirks yet. And honestly I don't know if they ever will.
So, also I rented "Kitt Kittredge" the other night, it's the movie that takes one of the American Doll characters and tells their story. I thought it was very cute, although a little downtrodden for a children's story. Of course, her character lives in the Depression, so of course it's downtrodden. But, I have to say that when I was a kid I didn't really want to be worrying about whether my parents had jobs and that type of thing. And I'll just say that I didn't live a charmed life, I was raised by a single mom and we didn't have a car until I was in high school. But, somehow my mom sheltered me from a lot of stuff, or I was oblivious. I also have to say that I loved her hair and the color of it. I think it would definitely be too light for me, but I loved it.

No comments: