Thursday, November 13, 2008

Beads and stuff


So, the other night - I think Tuesday night - I came home and this --->
is what my dining room table looked like! Truckie asleep on top of my projects! I know, I know - I shouldn't even have my crafts dominating the dining room table, but honestly I think it's been a loooooong time since we've used it for it's original purpose. So he was very unhappy with me moving him, but I had to so I could take the pictures! LOL
I found this little runner sort of thing that's embroidered with the lovely lady at Goodwill - of course! Since there are only like 2 thrift stores it's slim pickins. And I'm sure I overpaid for it - it was $2. But so pretty I had to have it. Geez, I'm a sucker!
I put the bracelets on top of the runner thing so you could see the colors. I'm happy with the way they all turned out. The red one was the one I made for Jan, she loved it as well. The yellow/brown one was inspired from the leaf charms, the two bigger leaf charms. They were actually a pair of earrings that broke and I stuck them in my q-tip jar in the bathroom like 8 years ago because I didn't want to throw them away! I took a second look at them and was like "those are perfect charms!" Must have a Fall theme bracelet! - and voila! Now, I have so many ideas! So, I'm thinking I HAVE to have a Christmas themed one, and Joann's has these cute clover shaped charms so I have to do a "lucky charms" theme! Get it, lucky charms like the cereal! LOL and also for St Patty's day. I know, I'm a nerd.
The only problem so far is the gold toned one is a softer metal I think. I have to either pony up for the more expensive stuff that is tougher, or think of a way to reinforce the links.....hmmm.
Oh! And there are the blocks that I found at the Keepers Corner - it's like this big store that people have booths at and a lot of it is antiques but some handmade things, a mish mash really. I'm sure I overpaid for those as well. They were in this little wooden basket that had two price tags. One was for the basket and said "vintage wooden fruit basket $2.95" and the other said "basket with blocks $5.95". So I told the lady I didn't want the basket and I figured that she would charge me half. I was wrong. I was charged $5.95. But in the past when I haven't bought something I wanted it was gone the next time I went in. I really wanted to ask her not to charge me the full price but then I didn't want to be too chintzy. You know? When I got home I spelled out "Give Thanks" and put the blocks on the bathroom windowsill next to my wooden turkey figurine I got in Bandon a couple years ago. Love it ;)
Today was the absolute longest day in the WORLD! Seriously. There was a work meeting at 7am. And I work until 5:30. So for real, this afternoon I was feeling like a cat in a paper bag. It was also super busy and contrary to the standard busy day goes by fast rule it didn't. Neverending. I should look on the bright side - at least I'm not still there. I feel so cut off from my life at this job. I'm almost thinking I need a cell phone just so at lunch I can go out to my car and call my fricken husband in private! I mean, I've tried to call from the break room on lunch, but there's always people around and that's awkward. So, the whole day I don't talk to him...it's just weird.
I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving. Which reminds me I need to list what I'm thankful for:
God
My husband
Tights that are long enough
New cute pointy toed shoes that are comfy to walk in :)
It's almost weekend time!
Books to read
I know how to read
Gainful employment

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

I think 2$ is an awesome price! You don't have a cell??????? Holly cow, Gabby has one! The bracelets are turning out nice! You reminded me to get out my vintage blocks!!! Hoep I still remember tomorrow, it actually all ready is tomorrow here, eek better go to bed!