Sunday, November 9, 2008

Giving Thanks Challenge

I, like Lisa, am a copycat blogger. I admit it! This is such a good one to copy though! One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is when you sit and reflect on the things you are thankful for. And, why wait until Thanksgiving really? So, I am participating in the "giving thanks challenge", and you can read about it here. I added the button to my sidebar, and you're supposed to add the things you're thankful for underneath. Somehow, mine is all jumbled together. Not sure how to fix that....I guess it doesn't really matter much. So, the things I am thankful for today are:



God



Freedom of religion



My husband



Sunlight on the lake



Fall colors in the trees



Coupons for Joanns so I can stock up on crafting items



Turkey



Cranberry scents



The wooden letter blocks I found at the "Keepers Corner" store yesterday that I spelled "Give Thanks" for on my bathroom windowsill and it looks so cute next to the wooden turkey!



Enough of everything - food, money, good health, gas in my car, heat in the house



The laundry pile is almost to the bottom



Watching the dogs play with their toys







I'm sure there's lots, lots more I could list, but I'm going to end now. I am so excited because I'm participating in an ornament exchange from the Siesta Fiesta Blog! So, my partner, Cassie was right on it with emailing me to get to know me and let me know what she's interested in. She likes a Western theme, and I know just the place to look for a fabulous ornament!!!! I'm hoping that there will be something cute at the Grange Co-op here in town. They were putting up Christmas decorations the last time I went in to buy dog food, so I'm going to check it out today! I'm also participating in a swap, a Pink Vintage Christmas swap. And I've started to accumulate goodies for that as well! My partner for that swap is Heidi, and I've got a few fun ideas for her as well. Hopefully I have enough time for everything!

No comments: