Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bounty Bummer

I just have to get this out there because it's killing me! Every Fall for like the past 10 years - since I've lived on my own anyways - I have bought Bounty paper towels with the Charlie Brown characters playing football on them. This year? Nowhere to be found. Trust me, I've checked every store here in town. Nada. I think other people bought them too, why did they go away? The only thing Fall-ish was a different brand and it was just leaves.
In other news, I bought my first Victoria's Secret bra yesterday. My friend Kristin will only wear that brand, and my Olga bras have run their course. I popped over to Medford yesterday and stopped in. I have to say I do like the lift, but boy is it a boob rack now! When I was little I used to put my knees in the front of my shirt and say - that's how big I want my boobs, just like Dolly Parton. Well, my childhood dream came true with the first bra I tried on!!!!!! No kidding - they were OUT there! I went with the tame version, of course.
The best part of yesterday was when I went to Michaels. I think I wrote before about really wanting a Lemax light up house for Christmas. So, in particular I wanted the "Medford Glass" house. And guess what? Not only did they have it, it was clearance priced to $24.99 from $59.99 AND the only one left! It was meant to be, that's all I'm saying.....
I am officially freaking out about my swap gift. I have NO CLUE what to get her. Not only that I had started to buy things and I saw gifts that other people have gotten and everything I bought looks stupid. Oh well, I still have another week to comb the town.
So, when I was little every year my Grandpa would come visit for the entire month of December. He'd come out for my birthday and stay until after New Year's. I LOVED it. I LOVED him. I would get him the same gift every year - a box of chocolate covered cherries. It was the only thing he would ever tell me he wanted, so that's what I would get him. Until I was a little older - then he'd say stuff like suspenders, pj's, hankies. But the problem there was he would tell everyone the same thing so we'd all get him duplicates. LOL. So, last night amidst the Christmas decor in Michaels I felt very nostalgic and bought a box. I have to say, they are not the best but they did remind me of him. Boy, do I miss him.

No comments: