Tuesday, October 6, 2015

the shawl bug has bitten

So I know that I already talked about this shawl a bunch here.  But!  It finished drying yesterday and I wore it today........and all I can say is that I heart shawls so much!!!  Before, yeah, I thought they were pretty.  Intricate, intimidating, cool.  But didn't really get it.  I didn't really understand how you wear one, do you wrap it around your shoulders all day???  I've seen people wear it bandana style on blogs and podcasts and what not but didn't really get it.  But today?  Today I am hooked!!  I used sock yarn so it is light and airy and just the right amount of warm - but not heavy or hot at all.  In fact, I wore it most of the day at the office where the thermostat thinks if it gets above 60 outside the air conditioning needs to be on!

So now I'm plotting.  I've been collecting patterns the past year -it's like somehow I knew!  I have lots of stash yarn to choose from.  I might even make like a gray one which is sort of shocking for me since I usually gravitate towards bright colors. hmmmmm

No comments: