Saturday, October 24, 2015

the baskets are the goodies

Rocky and I were quite early birds today, up before 6 am!  Usually I will try and snooze a bit more but decided to get up and get started.  I found this delicious holiday starbucks coffee last night at the store and could not wait to try it.  The last time I bought coffee I thought I'd try something new and less expensive and it has been soooooo grody.  Almost bad enough for me to drink the office coffee!!  You know that's bad.  Anyway.
This was like the complete opposite.  I added cinnamon to the grounds per usual and it was perfect.

Then!  It was still dark out so I decided to bring in my goodies from the car that I got last weekend in Chico.  Sunday Mom and I found this really cool pop up shop called Uptown Vintage and Shabby that she had found the day before.  I've been hearing all about pop up shops on instagram and blogs and whatnot but have not been to one myself.  So, after breakfast we checked it out.  It was super cool!  They had vintage and handmade items in booth set ups.  Every booth was festive for Fall and Halloween.  Very reasonable prices.

Now, when I first walked in the door I saw a wooden picnic basket.  But it wasn't priced.  So I did a loop around the store and as I was walking back to the front I spotted that wooden sewing basket! I have, of course, seen those all over the interwebs as well, but never in the "wild"!  I scooped it up and carried it around.
 I was telling Mom about the picnic basket and she said I think I have one of those at home!  Which she did!  Score!  So even though I was sort of on the fence about the sewing box, I knew that if I didn't buy it I'd be mad once I got home.  So I bought it.  It was very reasonably priced, $23!  I still don't know what I'm going to do with it.
The wire basket was another gem from Mom and it's already holding yarn out in the craft house.  She also found me some Vera napkins in purple crocuses and red poppies.  So, there are more zipper pouches in my future for those.  I also thought it would be cute to sew a few together to make a table runner.

So that's what's happening around here today.  I hope you're having a good Fall Saturday!

No comments: