Monday, September 7, 2015

first bit of Fall

Since I got that dresser set up in the spare room I've been determined to get the room put together into a functional guest room.  I went through the rest of the boxes and sorted out stuff I no longer use.  And I found this little llama!!!!  I love this llama.  Love.it.  It was a gift from Scott.  I have no idea where he came up with it...but he knew how much I've always loved llamas and that it would make me smile :)  I thought it had gotten lost or tossed somewhere along the say and a few months ago I looked high and low for it but didn't find it.  I had tucked it into a box with picture frames!  It is now perched atop the dresser.  Months had sort of munched it's fleece and yarn poms.  I am thinking maybe I'll make some new little poms to dress it up?

I just have to share this picture of my Rocky dog.  This is his thing, he eats laying down.  He does drink standing up, apparently eating, though, is too exhausting!


I've been picking the pears from the tree in the back corner of the yard.  They are small, relatively pest free fruit!  I just get the ones I can reach on the low branches.  The ones up high are pretty big!  It's been a treat.


All weekend I've been super lazy.  Kind of.  Like I've done the laundry and things around the house that need done but not the organizing I had planned in the craft house.  Instead I distracted myself with stitching!  I honestly don't know the last time I cross stitched on my Story time Sampler.  But, I'm now 4 months behind on the frames.  


I got stuck on the Peter Pan month, which was June's frame.  I really liked the frame except it didn't have Tinkerbell!  So I was waiting to see what the other people stitching came up with.  The cool thing about Instagram is that you can #(hashtag) your pictures and they go into a pool of similar pictures from other people.  So there's a pool for story time sampler stitchers and usually there are lots of cool modifications where I can get ideas.  This time there were maybe 3-4 Tinks.  So I got stuck.  But, I've come up with a plan to modify the pattern so was inspired again.  Plus, I need a break from knitting.



This week we've had a definite dip in temps - 40 in the morning and maybe 60-ish in the afternoon.  The air has a brisk, icy chill to it.  So I put the first flannel backed quilt on my bed today.  My lightweight summer quilt is just not warm enough at night.  This is the first time I've used this quilt!

I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: