Sunday, August 23, 2015

dresser rearranging


Ok so here are a couple of the finds from last weekend's visit to Chico.  First up is this dresser.  Mom and I had drive up to Paradise and were on our way  to lunch when we both spotted this at a yard sale.  I quickly stopped and ran over.  I hesitated because I really don't have anywhere to put it but it's in great shape and was a good deal.  So, home with me it came.

I set it up first in the kitchen without the mirror.  I've seen some really cute coffee stations around online so thought I'd give it a try.  

I added a little organizer shelf and set out my teas.


This next set of pictures is the next bargain I found.  It was a set of Vera napkins.  The edges are horribly tattered but the design is still vibrant and stain free.  I think there are 6 (?) that were marked $4 I think.  Instantly I thought I could cut them up and make zipper pouches since I really don't use linen napkins anyway but I love me some Vera!!!  

Saturday I had a little time so I chopped one napkin up and sewed this little notions pouch.  I've been thinking for-ever that I need an itty bitty pouch for stitch markers and my tiny snips.  Et voila!  It turned out really well, and I saved her signature there at the bottom edge :)



Yesterday was a full day.  I had the annual company picnic in the afternoon and then live music and dinner with friends at Lake of the Woods which is about a 40 minute drive.  

So today I was pretty pooped but also determined to get stuff done around the house.  I put a soup together in the crock pot.  Laundry started.  Talked to Mom :) and then tackled the spare oom.  I kind of just shuffled things around a little bit.  I scooched over one of the bookshelves and put the desk in between in front of the window.




















Then I moved the dresser into the room where the desk was and put the mirror back on it.  I rather like it!  I'm thinking now I'd like to make more table runners that sort of match the feel in this room now - maybe vintage sheets?  yes!

You can sort of see the headboard in the mirror.  I'd like to find a frame and get a bed to set that up and have a functional spare oom!  Then I can have proper visitors!  

In other, non furniture news, I am so close to finishing the Thunderstorm MKAL!  I am on the final 2 clues which look shorter than the last clue so I think I'm almost done.  Also, I did sew up another Dottie Angel frock.  Buuuuut, it's kind of huge around the neck/shoulder area so I'm not calling it a win just yet.  I'm going to have to think up some way to cinch it a little without causing too many puckers or excess gathering.





No comments: