Last weekend was kind of a cluster. But I also felt like I got a lot done. I worked Saturday morning. I got Rocky's nails trimmed. I figured out how to remove the spark plug from my lawnmower and then spent the rest of the day trying to find a replacement! Sunday I found one and the mower fired right up! But I had to turn it off to round up the pooch and get him inside and then the mower would not start again. But, it did start up and run Monday long enough for me to mow the front yard and part of the back yard. So. there's that.
I finished up the frame for April which was the Wizard of Oz. This was a fun frame. The only additions I made were the field of poppies, darker blue for the dress and hair bows. AND! I bought some glitter thread in red for the ruby slippers! It's hard to tell really since the shoes are only like 2 stitches but I really had to have glitter! bahaha!
Okay so I have a different sort of project (for me) going. I bought a headboard from the yard sale page with the intention of painting it. I have to admit it's not exactly what I was looking for. I really want a spindly type headboard but haven't found one so figured since this one is cute I should just go for it. The top picture is the before.
I admit I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to painting. And, turns out that it's not wood it's grody particle board so I just spray painted the whole thing. In person it's not quite as blotchy as the picture looks. Now I need to find some bed rails. I think all put together as a bed with a cute quilt it will be fine. And I happen to have some cute quilts!
This weekend has been so pretty, so springy! Yesterday Charese and I went to see Age of Adaline, we both really liked it. So before the movie I had some time to sew. I really love sewing in the spring and summer, all the light and open doors, open windows, fresh air. Love it. And Rocky loves being able to be outside and then come in to cool off. Yesterday he came in the craft house covered in dry grass and acted very blase about it, like "what? I don't know how this grass got all over me".
There's been a pattern floating around the interwebs and instagram that I've been admiring. It's called strawberry social. You may or may not know this about me, but I'm cheap! If I can figure out a pattern on my own I would do that rather than pay $9 for a pdf. It's just how I'm wired. Because really I very rarely do the exact dimensions of whatever pattern anyway. So! I took the pattern as a suggestion on what the finished block should look like. Then figured out what size I wanted each block and went from there.
I also decided that I don't want strawberries, I want raspberries or blackberries :) I am thinking that I will make 4 of these blocks and do a pillow cover for my living room chair.
I bought this glass vase with tulip bulbs last week and the flowers bloomed this week. I just really love tulips and these are so lovely. Hope you all have a great week!