Saturday, May 5, 2012

and still loving British stuff

I decided to make something to celebrate the upcoming Queen's Diamond Jubilee that will be going on in England June 2nd. I had been lookin' around Pinterest and found lots of inspiration! This is my first item: union jack pillowI love the way it turned out!  While I was trying to get a picture, Joey kept sticking his schnozzle in the shot. Here he is, what are we looking at, Mom? 100_3043[1] And, I'm trying to get him to move which he thinks is a game!100_3044[1] Okay, sorry for the dog shots, but sometimes I just can't help myself.
Anyways, I want to make a couple more pillowcases and I'm thinking I'd like to embroider a saying onto one.  I really like the one, "if I had a British accent, I'd never shut up."   We'll see what I come up with.
I also made another skirt out of a vintage sheet, no photo.  It's the same pattern at the other one, simple skirt with elastic waist.  This one is pink floral, kind of sherbet-y colors which makes me happy.  What's everyone else up to this weekend??

1 comment:

Elsie said...

I love it Colima, it's gorgeous, any Brit would proudly display it in their home :)