Monday, September 5, 2011

Fruits of my Labor Day

Finally, finally I have finished my Vintage Sheet Quilting Bee quilt!  yeeeessss!  I can cross it off my list and put in my linen closet.  Here's the front view.  I hung it in one of the trees in the back yard with the fabric covered clothespins, I knew those would come in handy!
front view
And the back view, part of the reason it took me so long!  I couldn't figure out a configuration I liked for the extra flowers.  Mom suggested that I do 3 on one side and 3 on the other.  So I did that and got it sewn together but once I set it out on the floor I liked it horizontal instead of vertical.  Some seam ripping later and it was acceptable :)
100_2805[1]
I'm so glad it's done!  The pink and orange solids were just from my stash, as well as the turquoise that I used for the binding.  All in all, I like how it turned out, do you?
Okay, new subject!  This is a little lame....oh well!  So, I've been growing my hair out and my bangs are just where they are super annoying but just long enough to barely go behind my ears so I don't want to give up yet.  K, this first pic I took and then realized that my Mom is right and just a little bit of lipstick add just enough color that I don't look dead or dying.  Okay, the dead or dying part I added!
me
me
2nd pic, a little color, much better. What do you think? Bangs or no? 

No comments: