So I finished the quilt last night! Yesss! I burned dinner again, but I really wanted to be DONE. And now I am :) First up is a pic of me trying to hold it up, not quite tall enough for it not to drag on the ground. I estimate that it is right about twin sized.
And here it is on the ground:
Here's the back view:
the back is a full on Monet, and I'm glad you can't see all the snarls and imperfections in the picture! Holy cow. You can kind of see how the back sheet is puckery, I didn't notice that it had gotten some puckers until I had quilted too much to rip out. I was more concerned with the tension that was messing up! The tension seemed to calm down a little bit better for the border, but there were a couple times I was ready to kill my machine. Here's a close up of the border:
I was debating yesterday what kind of fabric to use for the binding and I was right about to go with regular fabric instead of vintage sheet, but changed my mind at the last second. This blue print is one of the first vintage sheets I ever bought! It's a fitted sheet, so I have a lot of it since those are not my favorite to work with. I machine sewed the whole binding instead of hand sewing the back part. I don't like the way the hand stitching kind of looks twisted and puckery (to me). But, I don't like the way the machine stitching shows on the back, eh. It's a trade-off I suppose.
So, all in all a vintage sheet quilt success! I used VS for everything except the pink solid border. The white parts are even VS, it was a full sized 100% cotton that had a printed top border. And, the only thing I had to buy was cotton quilting thread! Bonus. Everything including the batting was already in my stash.