Saturday, November 6, 2010

blustery day

It is a very blustery fall day here today! But, the sun is out and it is fairly warm so I'm enjoying it! Yesterday I finally sewed up my block for the Vintage Sheet Quilting Bee for October! Yikes, I'm a little late, huh? So, October was Jennifer's month and she asked for pretty, shabby chic blocks with pink centers. So, this is what I came up with: 


October block for Jenn
I really like the way it turned out.  The aqua was actually the edge of a pillowcase! 
Last night Kristin had some ladies over for game night, we all used to work together in a billing office.  It was super fun!  This group of ladies were the best ever to work with, so supportive of each other and so much fun to be around.  We all brought a snack to share and laughed a ton and played board games, it was great!
This morning (and yesterday, too, for that matter) I really fought the urge to sleep in till noon like I did last Friday!  Even right now I could probably take a nap!  I have been working on another runner (surprise!) and this time it really is a Christmas one.  Here's a sneak peek.  I was quilting it and had to take a little break because I realized I had sewn the corner of the back to the back!  So, had to seam rip it loose and was about to undo the quilting on the far right square and decided I might need to walk away from it for awhile.  Does that happen to anyone else???  I might need buy some of those clip things to keep it rolled up whilst quilting.
Christmas runner WIP
So, that's what I've been up to, what about you???