Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I can barely stand it!

Okay, so earlier I was in such a melancholy mood. What cured it, you ask??? Let me just show you -
the beginning
Ta-da! This weekend I received 3 blocks and made a couple more with the extra blocks that Evelyn enclosed with hers. I'm just doing the leaves as I go. It's fun, don't you think??? I know, it's very early and have a lot more blocks to come, but I couldn't stand waiting anymore, I HAD to start! I think I like the boldness of the darker green for the stems, yes? And, I've decided that I am not even going to try and line anything up. That's pretty big for me. I'm just going to make sure each line is the same width and sew that and then sew them all together. I'd also like to add a few butterfly squares a la this.

3 comments:

roseylittlethings said...

love love love it!

Jodie said...

I love it! I'm so excited to see the bee blocks coming together. And I LOVE that butterfly block - I think that would be adorable with a few sprinkled into the quilt. Perfect!

Evelyn said...

It looks awesome so far! Can't wait to see the whole thing put together!