Thursday, September 2, 2010

fabric fun

Okay, so while the craft house is an absolute disaster zone, apparently I decided to take some fabric pics. So, please excuse the clutter :)
So, you know how sometimes you get your hopes all up about something and then you're disappointed and maybe you voice that disappointment to someone else and then voila! Something even better ends up happening??? So before we went to Florida I was like, the one thing I know I can talk my Mom and Grandma into doing together is go to a quilt store! And then, how amazing will the fabric be since it's Florida and a bigger city and different stuff and blah, blah, blah. Imagine my surprise and resulting disappointment when I casually brought my idea up and no one jumped at it! Hmmmm. So, I looked in the phone book and the stores were way far away from Grandma's house and she was not up to scouting them out. So I dropped it. Once my Mom and I got back to Chico I said how I was kind of bummed we didn't make it to a quilt shop. And she was like- we should go to Honey Run Quilts! Boy, am I glad she did. I literally could have spent like hundreds of $$$ there!!!!! I restrained myself but still came away with some fabulous loot, check it out!
Dude, check this out! Ever since my Mom has figured out what type of sheets I'm looking for, she has been picking them up for me, and she had a big bag waiting for me at her house! So, the daisy pink/orange print is my favorite sheet at the moment and there is at least a queen flat here! I'm going to save it I think to use as a backing. Also, very happy about the purple b/c that is a really hard color to find!


Before we went to FL I had made this dress for my doll Vanessa. It's from that Simplicity pattern that I found at Joann's. I love the way it turned out! I wish that I could have a dress like that and have it look super cute on me :) I know, I know - I'm a dork!

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

drooling over the new sheet stash! JEALOUS!