Sunday, May 10, 2009

Yarn projects

Okay, so I've gone a little ami (amigurumi) crazy! I made a fun little owl for Jan - I already gave it to her so there are no pictures. I used a turquoise for the top of the head, a grassy green for the body, a light aqua for the eyes, and a sunny yellow for the nose. I got the pattern from this book, which I found on Amazon for a great deal since our local book store didn't have it, and curiously enough Michaels doesn't keep all their crochet and knitting books next to the yarn (?) which is where I had looked for it.

Anywhoo, yesterday I went to a yarn sale. A lady at the office next door to mine had told me about it, and I almost didn't go. She had said that it was an estate sale, so I figured I'd better check it out in case there were tons of fabulous things :) You would have had to see all the yarn to believe it dude! Seriously! It was like an entire garage full! I didn't buy any yarn, but couldn't pass up these books, they are all copyrighted from the 50's, except the one on shells. I think it's probably from the 60's. I'm going to have to air them out a teensy bit though since I think they've just been stored for so long.



And now, another ami. This little piggy is from the Lion Brand Yarn website in the free pattern section. The pattern on the site had the pig as pink with darker pink for the nose, ears and legs. But, I thought it might be more fun to have blue. I think I should have probably put the legs a little lower like under it, rather than sort of on the side but I think it's still cute. It is for my friend Tammy, she likes pigs. I hope she'll like it :)



P.S. the times on the photos are not correct, it reset when I changed the batteries.

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

Great books, Love the piggie! Super cute! Makes me want to make some, just have to many other projects to finish before I start something new!