Saturday, May 9, 2009

Finished products and such

Warning! There are a ton of pictures on this post!








I finally bought the right type of rechargable batteries for my camera so I can share picts again :) And these are really OLD pictures! Well, since February. Okay, first up is what I received from the Vintage Pink Christmas Swap, I got it right before Valentine's day. Better late than never, right? My partner was Heidi (aka: Spiritual Knitter). She knitted the angel dishcloth for me, and I LOVE it! There were all kinds of stuff in there, fun to look through!




























The next swap I did was a Valentine's day swap, and I received my package first. There was one of those cardboard jointed signs, and a couple paper vday decorations. She took one of those heart shaped candy boxes and dumped out the chocolate and filled the little wrappers with plastic beads, feathers, lace, and plastic rings.




And this is what I sent her - a ton of scrapbooking paper, embelishments, brads. A little notebook, a journal, embroidered dishtowels and some Ghiridelli chocolate. I put it all in a big pink box that could be reused. Sorry for the glare on the pic :)















I found this blue vase at Goodwill and thought it was pretty :)



Okay, onto finished projects!










So, I have this picture frame that I took the glass out of and make like a scrapbook page for each season, this is what Valentine's day was :) I also crocheted a couple of red hearts and they were also sitting next to the frame. I had already put them up before I took the picture.















I mentioned before that I had started crocheting again, and this is one of the things that I have finished. It an amigurumi lamb. It is the first amigurumi that I have made, and I think it turned out cute. It is from this book that I found at the libary. What I learned from it was that my stitches were not quite tight enough once I stuffed it.



Then, I stumbled across an amigurumi Hello Kitty! Argh! I just HAD to make one! The only problem being that the directions found were in Japanese. But, after a diligent search I did find a comparable pattern in English :) on Ravelry, which is one of my new favorite sites. So, here is the first one - I like everything except the dress. I didn't have a pattern so I made this pink thing, only to discover that I really should use a thinner yarn.


This one I made for Jan's daughter for her birthday, I put it on the outside of the gift bag. I put little beads in the center of the flowers. It's funny because I used the same pattern as the first but since I was holding the yarn so tightly it came out a lot smaller. I just didn't want the stuffing to show through since it was a gift. I made a little teensy bit larger version of the same dress for the first doll.



Okay, so I know this is a random photo, but I just really liked how my kitchen window looked the other night :) Fridays I get off work at noon, so I had time to grocery shop before going home and I stopped at Thunderbird which is where I pretty much always go. So, walking up to the produce aisle there was a lady dressed as a tomato (?) I think. I was a big round red costume and she had a hat on with all sort of fruit. So, she could have been an apple also. I wish I had a picture of that to put on here! But, the point was that they had a free sample table. She said if you like the salad then they would give you a bag with all the ingredients and recipe for free. Not one to pass up free stuff I took it! The recipe was called "Cowboy Salad" and it was black beans, kidney beans, green onion, cilantro, 3 tomatoes, corn and a dressing. The dressing was just a mix of the juice squeezed from half a lime, salt, pepper, canola oil, and a little vinegar. I don't usually measure those things but I think it was like a teaspoon of all the liquids and then dashes of the s & p. It turned out really yummy :)t
t

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

YIPPEEEE! so glad you finally got batteries! You got great stuff in your swaps! LOVE hello kitty, she is sooo cute! That salad looks yummy!