Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016

2016.  Back in the day, when I was younger any year above 2000 seemed like too far off to imagine.  I thought for sure by 2025 people would be driving hovering cars.  And now, life just feels like normal still, no space age living, no hovering cars.  And that's just fine by me.

Of course I've been doing some reflecting, as I think most people do.  What happened in the previous year, what I'd wish was different, the good things, finished projects.  Then thinking about the new year, new possibilities, new projects, new opportunities.

I have a big thing in the works. As soon as things are for reals, I'll share it here.  I'm just cautious in case things don't work out.  But!  I do know that God is guiding this and I feel really calm (mostly) about it, and it's a blessing.

Project-wise I am feeling like I want to finish things I've started before starting anything new.  It's hard not to start something fresh and new for the new year!!!  But!  I have a lot of projects that are close to finishing that I need to buckle down on.  First up are the socks I cast on for Christmas eve for the Little Bobbins Knits Christmas eve cast on.  I am loving this yarn!  Every stripe is such fun and pretty!
 I am very close to the end of my Duchess of Devonshire shawl.  So close.  I'm on the last little bit of edging then it can be blocked.
 I started the last row of frames for the Storytime Sampler cross stitch.  I have 4 frames and the title and it will be finished.
 I took these pictures Thursday morning I believe?  It is SO COLD here.  Last night I heard it was in the negatives.  I am so thankful for my warm house and heater that works!!!  It's hard to see but the sun was not quite risen fully and the trees were all frosted white.  And there are huge icicles everywhere right now.


This is the temp in my car from that morning: 4 degrees.  4!  Needless to say I have been a homebody, staying in and keeping warm, stitching various things.  I am looking forward to good things for 2016, and I wish you all the best as well.

No comments: