Saturday, February 7, 2015

stitching some more


Well this week started off with a bang!  Well, more of a crunch.  I was in a car accident Monday night and was pretty shaken up by it.  I was very lucky though, just driving through a 4 way stop intersection and the guy who hit me wasn't going very fast.  I did hit my head on the window so went to ER to have it checked along with my neck.  I now have radiologic proof that there is a brain!!  

So, I have been taking it easy.  I am now best friends with a heating pad.  I still have a bit of a brain fog but am way less sore than I was.  God has taken care of me.  My car still drives.  It is munched in the front but all in all I'm not going to worry about this.

I've been stitching and hanging out on the couch a lot with the heating pad and my pooches.  Here's how far I've gotten on the Stitchalong.  Not far.  This is January's frame and February has already come out.  I'm not worried about it though, just stitching as I can.  I have to say I bought that little needle minder from Etsy after seeing it on someone else's work and I love it!  It's magnetic and I've also been using it to keep the pattern right next to the work.  
Anyway!  What I was going to tell you about the needle minder is that it was a great online shopping experience!  I buy a lot of things online so I can safely say this was special.  I received the package really quickly for one, two it was enclosed in a super cute thank you card that was taped with pretty washi tape and a handwritten thank you from the shop owner!!!!!  Such thoughtful things.  Here's the link: Knitting Geisha on Etsy.  And no, I'm not being paid to say that or getting anything free, just thought I'd share a great thing.

I've been stewing on trying two at a time socks.  On one needle.  I've watched a couple youtube tutes.  I stalled a bit telling myself I needed to have a ball winder to make two balls.  Then watched a youtube tute on how to wind your own center pull ball.  Hopefully this time won't be disastrous like the last time I wound my own!  Eeeek.  BUT!  I thought, quit stalling!


So, there you go.  Two toe beanies on one needle!  They are actually from the same skein and if I cared I'd have made sure the colors started at the same spot but - eh.  I'm just stoked that I'm doing it, you know?  It's definitely different than my double points.  I really love my double points but I am determined to at least do one pair this way.

By the by, this is the yarn that my Mom found at a thrift store!  What are the chances?  It's a beautiful Opal yarn that's called Fairies and Elves.  It's perfect.  Thanks Mom!








No comments: