Sunday, February 15, 2015

I have to say I'm really digging these socks!  Two at a time on one needle is fiddly, yes, but I feel like I'm making faster progress than I would doing just one sock.  Or, maybe I'm just really liking knitting right now?
Today was a bright sunny day, I got all my laundry done - win!  So I ventured out to the craft house and did some sewing.  I finished listening to Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy on audiobook.  It was an abridged version but still an enjoyable listen (read?).  
I made a little bit of progress on my Rainy Day quilt.  I rearranged the squares a bit, trying to break up some of the colors.  I added in the new fabrics I bought over at the coast and in Chico for my birthday.  I'm liking the way it's turning out.
I finally finished listening to the last book called Inheritance in the Inheritance Cycle books, by Christopher Paolini.  I had read Eragon when it first came out and then listened to the audiobooks of the last two.  I have to say I hated, hated the ending.  Hated.  I mean, I get it, not every book has to have a happy ending.  But dang dude!  It was a stark disappointment.  And in the way that I didn't see any possibility of something better eventually happening.  The circumstances sucked and after everything he put into these characters it seems like a waste.  I did enjoy the boy up to the end, and I kept hoping maybe there'd be a last second change, or an epilogue where he'd change his mind or something. Nope.  

In other news, I don't want to jinx anything but I think I found a food that Joey can keep down!  So, my boy 
has been sick.  We're pretty sure he has lymphoma.  I took him to the vet and they did an aspiration of his very swollen lymph nodes and it showed lymphocytes.  Friday they did a biopsy, which a whole lymph node was removed and we'll know in a week or so what we're dealing with.  In the middle of all this he hasn't wanted to eat.  And when I can trick him into eating he just gets sick.  But!  I searched every bag of food at Grange and Petco and found a food that he's not allergic to!  And he likes it!  And so far so good on keeping it down!  He had a serious case of the toots last night but I don't even care.









No comments: