Saturday, January 12, 2013

Oh man, today started out at -2 degrees!  Yikes.  Friends, that is COLD.  But, inside it's toasty warm and the pooches are so snuggly that it's easy to just pretend it's warm out with the sun shining like it is :)

Today I did something to indulge my inner child!  My inner ballerina to be more specific.....Charese and I went to ballet class!  It was completely humbling being surrounded by children and being stared at not knowing at all what I was doing.  But, also kind of fun.  There were other adults there but they also obviously had been dancing for years.  There are so many things I want to try, this was one of them, and now I can cross it off my list.  I may go back......or not. 

I am working on a couple of projects right now, I don't have pics yet since they are in progress.  I've got a table runner, a baby quilt and several other quilts all started.  And I've got the itch to knit.  I kind of feel like that pressure where my head might explode from all of the ideas I have and all the things I want to do, make, see!  Do you ever feel that way?  Like every second counts and is slipping away and I need to make it matter and productive?  huh.

Did I mention that I'm participating in the Scripture Memory Verse thing again this year?  Basically you pick a verse on the 1st and 15th of every month for the year and memorize it.  My first verse of the year is James 1:22 - "Do not merely listen to the word and therefore deceive yourselves.  Do what it says." (that was from memory!)  The completely amazing thing, to me, is that there are 11,035 other people (at least) who are also participating through Beth Moore's blog.  I just think that's great that that many people are going to try and memorize scripture all together.

Not much else is going on.  I am sort of reading "The Scarlet Thread" by Francine Rivers.  Sort of means I read the beginning, then the end and I'm skimming through the rest.  I can tell it's a good book but not sure I want to get too close to the story.  I don't know how to explain what I mean.  I'm listening to "The Titan's Curse" by Rick Riordan on cd while sewing.  For book club we are on the 5th book in the Chronicles of the Kings series called "Among the Gods".  I've already read it, so that's a relief once book club night comes around then I just have to review a little.

No comments: