Sunday, January 13, 2013

arrow quilt

Here is the quilt I'm currently working on.  A lady at work is pregnant and is having her 3rd boy.  Her theme is planes and trucks with a vintage feel and she likes darker blues, brown and green.  The pattern idea came from the Moda Bake Shop pattern On the Go.  I really, really wanted to do the white backround, but then thought with a little boy that might not be a good idea.  Here's what I have so far.
arrow quilt
It was really hard to find anything with airplanes or trucks, believe it or not!  Everything baby boy at Joann's is like puppies, dinosaurs, robots.  Which all are fun but not trucks or planes.  I took a trip last Saturday to the quilt shop in Merrill (20 minutes away teeny little town) and found a bunch of the prints you see here.  Only one that had planes.  Two with trucks.  The rest I thought would just kind of  "go" for the vintage-y theme she likes.  Like the typewriter keys.  I don't know, what do you think?  I also had a few of the more solid and the oranges on hand.  This is, of course, not the final placement of the squares.  Oh, the squares.  So the tutorial was my jumping off point but mine is much simpler.  I just made a 4.5 x 9 flying geese for the point and then 3 rectangles for the base.  Easy.  Each square is 9 inches.

No comments: