Sunday, October 7, 2012

rummaging

So, while Mom and I were at the coast we had cruised over to Mendocino to shop.  There was one particular shop that had a bunch of seasonal stuff.  It took me awhile to decide what I wanted as a souvenir.  This is what I chose:
100_3237[1] It makes me laugh every time! Friday night I checked out the new Joann's store. It is huuuuge! And there is so much new stuff that the old store didn't have. It was so much fun to walk around gawking at everything! I spied this in the Halloween decor and just had to have it. 100_3238[1] Aren't they funny next to each other??? 100_3239[1] Yesterday Jan and I met at the fairgrounds for the annual rummage sale. How much do you think I could stuff into a paper bag for $4? 100_3240[1] This is a little like how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood....lol. 100_3242[1] There are 4 white flat sheets that are full and twin sized, a full fitted sheet and a full sized printed sheet. Vintage books with great illustrations, racks to organized under sinks, hangers to hold up quilts. The candle holder and duck planter actually were in one of Jan's 2 bags. It's kind of hard to tell from the picture but the candle holder is like mercury glass.
I also started another quilt. This color scheme has been bouncing around in my head for awhile.  I think it will have another couple rows at the top or bottom.  The bigger flying geese pieces haven't been trimmed down yet, once they are then altogether it's going to be a lot smaller than I had pictured.  I don't know yet if this will be gifted or a charity. quilt.  I only know of one other preggers lady right now and she doesn't know what she's having and I don't really know if this would be her style or not.  I've been using the no waste method of flying geese.  It's pretty easy and fast and you get near perfect geese every time!
100_3243[1]

No comments: