Friday, January 14, 2011

VS hexie pillow

So here's what went down last weekend: I got a fabulous new purse!  Here's the story:  Jan and I went to see Tangled on Sunday with Mya and her MIL Susan.  So we are walking out to the parking lot after the movie and Susan goes "Oh! the purse!" I had no idea what she was talking about, but she says come to Jan's car, she has a purse I might like.  It was in a plastic bag so I couldn't really see anything but the bottom, but here's the thing - Susan always has rally cute purses so of course I said I'd want it!  When I got to my car and took it out of the bag it was like instant love!!!  Basically I am lucky to be on the receiving end of any of Susan "hand me downs" because they are always super cute and in perfect condition.  Love.
Also, what went down last weekend was a lot of puppy love.  Of course my pups are full grown, but you know what I mean.  They were so lovey.  Here's Joey getting in my face as I was trying to take a picture close up of the pillow on the chair :)  Isn't he sweet???  And, then Rocky and Joey sleeping together in front of the heater.
And, Rocky just snoozing with all 4 paws in the air!  Silly dogs.
And, here's the pillow I made!  so, I started with the hexagons back in summer before I went to Florida.  I even toted them with me thinking I would start sewing them together into a table runner.  Of course, I didn't end up doing that and they have sat in my hexagon pouch this whole time.  Then, I thought they needed to be a pillow since I needed some color in my living room!  The white backround does have a flower pattern that is not as pronounced in real life.  For the binding I just cut along the bottom edge of a sheet along the seam since it's already folded and nicely pressed.  It was just a teensy bit too short, but easy fix.



No comments: