Saturday, January 22, 2011

untitled yet

Okay.  Quilting with two layers of batting - no me gusta.  I bought some Insul-bright yesterday to make some potholders with and on the directions for an oven mitt it said to layer batting with the insul-bright.  Dang, that's thick!  I made the one on the left first, and I like the way it turned out better than the one on the right.  The binding on the right sided one got away from me a bit in the yellow part.  I've had this gnome fabric in my stash for awhle waiting for the perfect project.  Lately, though, my thinking has been why am I waiting to use fabric???  I love it and so therefore wanted to use it in something I'll see it in often. 
gnome-y potholders
gnome-y potholder backs

Okay, and I didn't have a chance to post previously about my scripture memory verse for the 15th. 

The fear of the LORD leads to life;
then one rests content, untouched by trouble.
Proverbs 19:23 NIV

I came across this verse quite by accident.  I had been thinking I really needed to find my verse on the 15th.  There was another verse that popped out (probably b/c it's highlighted in my bible) at me, but I it didn't feel exactly right.  Then, my eyes travelled up the page a little and there was this one.  What really spoke to me might be hard for me to put into words.  I've talked about this in bible study a little, I don't have a real fear of the Lord.  Really, it's a good thing like I'm not scared of Him, because I know He loves me and forgives me for stuff and all that.  But, it's more than that even.  It's like I'm so concerned with the world, the temporal things in this life.  I'm worried about my job, my car, my house, my husband, money, food, the heater breaking down when it's 5 degrees in the morning, the pipes freezing, June being sick.  It's real stuff to be worried about, to be sure.  But I'm so concerned with all this stuff, and not so much God.  I come back to God, when I should have started with God.  In reality, God has shown Himself faithful to me over and over and over and I'm pretty sure will continue. 
I don't think (to me) the verse means that I should be scared of God all the time.  And, I don't think that I will ever be untouched by trouble.  Because, let's face it: I'm a magnet for problems.  To me, this verse is a reminder that I can be content knowing that I'm doing things to please God, not people. 

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

WOW! you have made some darling things lately! love love love the mini quilt!