Saturday, January 1, 2011

1st Scripture Memory Verse of 2011

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it"! Psalm 118:24, NIV.
Why did I pick this verse?  It came to me either yesterday or the day before, I don't remember.  Sometimes I feel like I live in groundhog day, the movie.  Every day is the same - I wake up and rush rush rush to get to work, work, go home, do the night's activities (depending on the night it could be a little different) and then eat dinner, go to sleep and do it all again.  Weekends, pretty much the same except replace work with sewing ;)  So, yeah I have a regular routine.  Which is good, I'm not complaining about that, it just sometimes feels monotonous, possibly boring.  But, the other day I was praying and thanking God for the things that are good in my life and realized that every day there is something (lots of things really) that are good, great or fabulous!  There are things that are not quite as fun also but that should not be my focus!  Today, I am glad that this is the day the lord has made and I will rejoice! :)
And, holy cow and hallelujiah!  When I posted my comment/verse on the Living Proof Minitry blog there were 3,273 comments/verses!  So far, and really it will probably be even more than that!  3,272 other people all memorizing a scripture!!!!!  So cool.

No comments: