Sunday, July 26, 2009

productive weekend



Here is a recent thrift find, I think it's a full sized sheet? The package is a kit to make a pincushion in the shape of a rocking chair. I think my Mom had one growing up. It should be fun to put together.


Here are some finished projects. The first is a soap holder, I used a skein of cotton yarn from my stash. I'm putting together a little package for my Grandma and thought she might like this.



Next is a little mat that I made to go under June's food and water dishes. I had the green fabric in my stash, have been holding onto it forever. I originally bought it years ago and made placemats and still had some extra. I made it reversible, the pink is out of the leftover vintage sheet. As soon as I started moving her food and water around to put the mat under it, she felt she needed to check things out :) Silly girl.
Next is just a bag to put bags in with elastic around the bottom. I've always wanted one, but never took the time to make one. Also another fabric from my stash that I've held onto for years.
sSo, I embellished this hand towel to go in the bathroom in the craft cottage. I had to make my dolls some Summer outfits :) Marisol is in the green. And Vanessa in the blue and white dress. I found the hats at thrift stores.

June was hanging out with me while I was sewing in the craft house, which as you can see is exhausting! Gotta love her!

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

You are on a roll! Love the vintage sheet!