Friday, July 17, 2009

Holy bike ride, Batman!

Okay, so I rode my bike to work today to see how long it would take. Can I please tell you that it totally kicked my butt, dude! Seriously it was entirely up hill!!! There was one point that I thought I would start rolling backwards. Ugh. I was at a standstill so I just got off my bike and walked the rest of the hill. I knew there was a big hill at the end and had planned to walk that but dang, it was like I should have just walked the whole way! It will be good exercise, though.

This weekend is going to so productive, I hope! Tomorrow is a crop from 2-10pm. It will be nice to get some scrapbooking done and visit with the ladies! My friend Jennifer B. is a Creative Memories consultant and she has some new products that looked really cute on the website. CM is finally starting to make products to sort of rival what is in the scrapbooking stores, ya-hoo. I particularly want to check out the paper flowers :) I also started a new crochet project, and it's turning out nicely. I should finish it today.

Not sure if I mentioned it but I finished the "Half-Blood Prince" I had read it previously when it first came out, but wanted to re-read it since the movie was coming out. It was just as good as I remembered it, I can't wait to see the movie now to see how it was interpreted. I know the book is always better, but I still have enjoyed all the movies. I borrowed a couple of books from the library, Confessions of a Shopaholic and a new Beverly Lewis. Those are next in my queue after I MAKE myself finish the 10th book in the Left Behind series which is called The Remnant, I believe.

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

That is funny about the scruffily quilt, are you using fabric from your stash or are you using the same fabric she did? Our Jam has been in our fridge for longer than 3 weeks and it is fine.