Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Swap part 2

Okay, so this was the second package I sent out, it was to my partner, Heidi, for the Pink Vintage Christmas swap that my friend Jennifer had hosted. It was fun to look for things, but also a teensy bit stressful because there was a serious shortage of cute vintage Christmas items let alone PINK items. I'm just hoping she wasn't disappointed! The charm bracelet was my handmade item, again just hope she likes it :)












Then, I received a SUPER fabulous gift from my dear friend, Sarah, who lives in Germany. I can't even describe how exciting it is to get something from another country. A fabulous country that I am dying to visit!!!! Such a great gift. I'm embarrassed to admit that I did also send her a gift that completely paled in comparison. Ugh. A million ughs!. So the candy packages had mostly everything written in German, which was fun :) And the soaps are shaped like little wooden dutch shoes and smell soooo good! I really don't think I'll ever use them!












I bought this cute Christmas-y figurine at the Goodwill, along with the little praying angel. I love them both. I wasn't going to buy the figurine, but them I remembered the last time I didn't buy one that I liked and then when I went back someone had dropped it and broken the hand off. And I really didn't want this one to get broken. So, really I was saving her :) There is a sticker on the bottom that says Napco 1956. So, this is the display on the one bookcase.


Then, I found this other stuff at the Hospice thrift store. I do love it in there. And, I was lucky because the deer candle holders were half off! I bought the thread to store away for future swaps and also for my mom because I know she will love them! And, we all know how I love beads so I couldn't pass them up :)
So, here's a funny story not on the subject of swaps. It's cold here. Super-dee-duper-dee cold - 13 degrees out as I type! Yikes. And last night our water froze. It's happened before and I sort of had and inkling that it was going to freeze b/c when I turned on the water it came out rusty. I know, yuck. But, we have a well and when it gets weird that's what happens. So, I ACTUALLY thought ahead! Me, thinking ahead - what has the world come to? I poured water into big pots and bowls and this morning had myself a little house on the prairie shower. I heated the water on the stove and used it in cupfuls. But, I had to take some sort of shower. You know? So, hubby is working on getting the heater in the pumphouse going.

1 comment:

roseylittlethings said...

I love what you sent to Heidi, I am sure she did too! The bracelet is pretty! OK, I LOVEEEEEEE the vintage christmas figurine, such a great find!