Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Favorites

So, I totally copied this little questionaire because it looked fun and festive!
1. Fresh Tree/Fake Tree?
Fresh, although it would be so easy to have a fake one....This year I just got a little live tree to put on the dining room table so our dogs don't eat it or worse!
2. Favorite Ornament-
I love all of our ornaments! My mother-in-law would buy us those ornaments that can be personalized when we first got married and I LOVE those so much because I can never find something with my name on it so it's extra special to have both of ours together. Colima just isn't the kind of name anyone else has, you know?
3. Favorite Christmas Song-
I really love Bing Crosby, so I love anything he has sung. Since I was a child though I always loved Silent Night, or Little Drummer Boy. I have always loved picturing a little boy nervous and honored to drum for the Lord.
4. Favorite Tradition-
Honestly I don't think we have any traditions. I love to play Christmas music and decorate the tree. I love to turn on the lighted Christmas village and turn off the other lights except the tree and just bask in the soft colored glow.
5. Favorite Gift Ever Received-
I remember two Christmases that I really, really wanted gifts and actually got them. One was a cabbage patch kid. My mom had been on a waiting list FOREVER at Kmart and finally got one, it was a boy named Fletcher Peter and I loved him! And the other was a caboodles organizer. I just really had to have one for my makeup. I still have it, but now I keep my beads in it :)
6. Favorite Christmas Meal-
Okay, so again not traditional. Growing up my mom would buy a ton of crudite and we would seriously snack on that allllll day, and pickles. I've always loved pickles and so for me that was like perfection!
7. Favorite Christmas Cookie-
I love the danish cookies that you can buy in the tin. Just love them.
8. Favorite Place to be-
With my husband and family. Our families are all spread out though so we haven't gotten to spend much time with them recently so I miss the sweet times we spent with them when we were first married. His Grandma and Grandad used to host Christmas at their house and the house would be so perfect -decorated beautifully, fire in the fireplace, cold outside but cozy inside, the tree all lit up and sometimes after much prodding my husband would play acoustic guitar for everyone. I could just cry right now picturing it ;)
9. Favorite Memory-
When I was little my Grandpa would come to visit from Pittsburgh every year for my birthday December 10th and stay until New Year's. I can't pick out any one favorite because I loved everything when he would come.
10. Favorite Christmas Movie-
Charlie Brown Christmas has always been and will always be my hands down favorite!!!!!

No comments: