Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dorky, I know!

I made a new dress for my doll, Marisol, last night. I absolutely LOVE the fabric. My mom had sent me a box with some cool remnants in it and this was in the box, rolled and tied with a piece of yarn. I remember the fabric from when I was little - not sure what she had made with it but I remember the fabric. The flowers are embossed and a little fuzzy on the pink. I did also attempt to make some shoes for her out of felt since her feet don't fit into barbie shoes, but that failed miserably! Unless I was going for the slipper look, which I wasn't. I also trimmed her hair because I think whatever little girl had her before me did the same in an uneven sort of way. My husband just sort of rolled his eyes when I told him I had made a new dress for her - I had to remind him that he married a dork and there's nothing I can do about that! It's fun to make little clothes - that's always what my favorite part was when I was little as well. That and I loved to make little houses and furniture for my barbies!

No comments: