Sunday, July 26, 2015

oh the busyness


Ok warning! Lots of pictures coming up!  The last couple weeks have been busy, busy!  My sister in law Lacey has been visiting for the last couple weeks and we have done so much!  Which explains why I haven't been as present here on the blog.  Lots of fun and good stuff though so I know you understand.

Last week, Thursday, we went to see one of my favorite bands, Needtobreathe at the Britt in Jacksonville.  It was so, so, so good!  So GOOD.  The drive over was nice, beautiful weather and we shared licorice.  We got pizza on the way because you can take food into the Britt.  We sat on the grassy hill on a blanket, very relaxing and the music was amaze-balls!

 Here's a during concert picture.  Not the best quality but oh well, we had fun!


Saturday I worked all day and then Sunday did a baby shower for a coworker.  She is expecting a little girl.  I enjoy making decorations for baby showers.  So, here are a few of the highlights.


The shower was at a local park in a covered area with picnic benches.  So I picked one bench to be the check in spot where people could write their addresses on envelopes that will be used to send out a thank you card.  It's a good way to make sure no one gets missed!

There were poles in that we used to put up cute banners.  Danielle from the office made this one in the middle with baby clothes that were part of her gift.  She used clothes pins to put them up.  One either side of that we put up the banners I had made which were these cute elephants and tissue paper tassels.  You can't see so well but there are two shades of pink, white and silver metallic tassels.  Lacey helped me make those and I really like how they turned out.  It was super windy that day so they really blew around!


In other news, I have been making progress on my Thunderstorm MKAL!  This is a spoiler so if by chance you are also working on it don't look at this last picture!  I think chances are good though no one reading this is actually doing this pattern tee hee!  Let's see, I think I am on clue 3 in this picture? 
I finished the eyelets this week which is the Ribbons phase called raindrops.  I have also finished clue 4 which was super short and about to start clue 5 which is a large section called "downpour".  This yarn just makes me so happy.  There are two skeins that are actually different colorways.  I really loved the one with the green but the store only had one skein!  The second one is a mix of the pinks and plum but are meshing well.  I have started to kind of stripe it so that it blends.

Today Lacey and I are going to head up to Crater Lake, it's a beautiful sunny day so should be nice!  Hope you are all having a great weekend!  Next weekend is my 20 year high school reunion so I may not be updating again till after that! Wish me luck!!!! Yikes, I am so nervous!


No comments: