So here is my first pair of socks! I asked my coworker Karla to take a picture since my camera is still on the fritz so I could share it. The yarn stripes itself! They are very, very comfortable. Towards the end of the day they did kind of stretch a bit but not too bad. I love them!
I've already started another pair. The first pair was a toe up pattern with an afterthought heel, meaning you start knitting at the toe and then increase to the desired width then knit until it's at the heel, add some waste yarn then knit a bit more, then start the ribbing for the cuff. I did an extra stretchy bind off. For the heel you go back, take out the waste yarn and knit around, decreasing, then do a kitchener stitch to bind off. The toe up version I did was a very clean cast on, you can't even tell that's the spot to cast on! The kitchener closure is a similar experience, so clean looking.
I'm doing basically the same pattern for the second pair, with a little exception, I'm adding some texture! One of the bloggers I read made a few socks with this pattern, the Hermione everyday sock pattern, and I like the way it looks. It's a series of 4 stitches in each row that repeats which looks easy enough to me :)