Sunday, June 19, 2011

100_2715[1]Remember how I mentioned I'd be making some patriotic decorations?  This is what I made on Friday.  I put out all the decorations I had so far, which didn't look like much, but filled in the spaces pretty well.  I have this frame that I have changed out for each season, there are actually a few that I don't have....but have just like left the previous one up for too long and then go, "dang I need to change that!" every time I look at it.  So, I took matters into my own hands, and cricut machine on Friday.  I like the way it turned out, the pic is pretty dark but the reds are really bright in person.  The ruffle on the bottom is just crepe paper that I sewed a seam straight through the middle with my tension turned waaaay up and it just ruffles itself - so fun!  The little circle things remind me of fireworks for some reason :)
100_2712[1]
Mmkay.  And here we have a plethora of fabric, courtesy of Mom!  She told me ahead of time that they would arrive either Friday or Saturday.....so I was stalking the mail all day both days!  Saturday I had a wedding to go to and had to leave by 2 to get there, and thankfully they arrived right before I had to leave!!!!  Love it.  I didn't have time to open them and ogle the goodies so I took these pics right when I got home.  Lots of patriotic fabric so I am in the process of making a runner, then might possibly make a throw and maybe potholders?  I don't even know.
100_2713[1]
The aforementioned wedding was nice.  It was way out in the "boonies" as my Mom would say.  It was literally a 45 minute drive there!  The church was a small country church painted a minty green.  It was sweet though.  Both Jan and I had been a little pressed for time before we left and there was absolutely no way to stop for food on the way.....so we were starving by the time we got there!  And, it was potluck style and we also didn't bring anything.  We were very relieved that no one seemed to notice or care that we didn't bring anything, but sure were eating! 
Mya is letting me borrow The Red Pyramid which is the first book in another series by Rick Riordan.  I'll let you know how it is, so far I'm only on the first chapter.  It seems pretty good so far.

No comments: