Tuesday, November 17, 2009

fabric and swaps

This past weekend I drove down to visit my Mom. She had asked me to come down to help her get a little organized in her sewing room. We had so much fun on Saturday avoiding getting down to work, let me tell ya! We went to a couple thrift stores and a yard sale. I was specifically looking for vintage sheets, so I was super pleased to find a few at "Thrifty Bargain" which is a giant sorta grody thrift store. And, everything was 30% off!
So, when I left town it was SNOWING! ugh. By the time I got past the California border a little ways there was no more snow, but Mt. Shasta was in a cloud cover. On the drive back, this was the view! Absolutely beautiful! I had to stop along the way to get this pic because it was just so clear and gorgeous.




The other pretty landmark along the way is Castle Cragg. It just jumps out at a couple points along the way and is beautiful. This one is a little trickier to get a pic b/c it's on the side of the highway and there's not really anywhere to safely pull over to get a pic. So, honestly this picture does not do it justice, but you get the idea anyways :)
Also, can I please tell you that when I left Chico it was 68 degrees (!) and when I got home it was 34 (double !!). Pretty much that is not coooool. Brrrrr dude.
Okay, so we did get down to business and got all the Christmas fabric folded, sorted by color (I can't help it!) and drawers labeled. It was great! So, one genre done. My Mom's sewing room is seriously like a giant store, she has every type you could ever want! I brought home a box which is a generous mix of vintage, solids and Christmas prints! Also, we dug out some flannel to back my quilt! bonus! I'm looking forward to finishing up the quilt and now it will be totally cozy too!



So, I'm going to go ahead and post the pics of the "vintage sheets as fabric" swap that I participated in on Swap-Bot. We each had two people to send a package to, the requirements were to send two fat quarters of vintage sheets. One of the ladies that I sent to I think hasn't received hers yet because it was going all the way to Canada, so I'm not going to put a pic up yet. (just in case?)

These two pics are of the first one that I received, I liked everything in the package.

And then this was the second package, from Jane, all totally cute as well! She also included a little piece of a moo-moo she was making a quilt out of.This is the "scrapbook supplies surprise" package that I received. In an earlier post I had posted a pic of what I sent to my partner. But I guess it wasn't really a partner per se since I sent to someone different than who I received from.This is the first package that I had sent out to Adaiha. She had put in her likes that she liked olive and lime green so I tried to pick sheets that sorta matched that. I included a handmade card. I really hope she can use everything!

No comments: